cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: JavaScript expressions in JXTG (was Re: svn commit: r325889) - want it ? GOT IT
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 20:13:33 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>
>> I have commited an initial version of javascript support in jxtg.
>> Looks like it's working although I have not tested it much.
>>
>> just as the commit message says:
>> use @{expression} for jxtg and {js:expression} for CTemplate
>>
>> (CTemplate is not available without some .xconf edition. I am going to
>> make it available soon)
>>
> Cool!
>
> Any opinions about the expression interfaces? If you find them ok I
> think that we should move the expression abstraction to core. I didin't
> want to do that before having got any feedback about them.  The fact
> that  it was possible to use them for JS also, show IMO that they are
> good enough.
Generaly they are ok. I am just suspicious about the need for
Expression.assign() method.

> If we move them to core we could also start to use the expression
> abstraction in the rest of Cocoon.
Is there any place we need it apart from forms?

> So what about moving:
>
> o.a.c.components.expression
> o.a.c.components.expression.javascript
> o.a.c.components.expression.jexl
> o.a.c.components.expression.jxpath
>
> to core?
>
> Or maybe we could keep o.a.c.components.expression.jexl in template as
> Sylvain dislikes it ;) and jexl is not used in any other places.
Thing is if we want consistent environment some users may want to use
jexl in all places. People got used to jexl syntax and it would be easy
for them to port that knowledge to other areas.