cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Future publishing of docs (was Re: [Vote] Packaging of docs)
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:06:18 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> In this way people only see what either we want them to see, or they
> choose to see. This is akin to users only having access to the bundled
> docs in a release, but devs having access to the development docs in SVN.

True, but if we point the users to the cocoon.zones site the traffic
there might accumulate beyond the capacity of the server. This server
also has less priority in the disaster schemes of the infrastructure people.
Those are the most important arguments to designate Daisy on
cocoon.zones as a staging server, rather than a place where people can
find the most up to date documentation (based on their ACL).

Bye, Helma