cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r326626 - in /cocoon/blocks: portal-sample/trunk/samples/conf/ portal/trunk/ portal/trunk/java/org/apache/cocoon/portal/ portal/trunk/java/org/apache/cocoon/portal/aspect/impl/ portal/trunk/java/org/apache/cocoon/portal/coplet/ portal/trunk...
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 19:13:58 GMT
In looking this over and it occured to me that if you are going to make
all events be convertable that:
a) we won't need the marshall events flag anymore,
b) It should end up that only the events needed to process the current
request will end up in the decode list of the DefaultEventConverter. The
encode list shouldn't be needed as the decode list would be populated at
the beginning of the request.
c) The extra logic I added to manage events by page label (i.e.
PageLabelEventConverter) isn't needed for the same reason.

Frankly, if we can make all events convertable I think it should be done
and just become the behavior of how the portal manages urls.

I have a concern over the hascode that is used in the
DefaultEventConverter.  Although it may not be likely, hash algorithms
can return duplicate values so this is not guaranteed to always work.

Ralph