cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Packaging of docs
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:54:32 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Ok, I think it's safer to just vote on this as well - again the majority
> wins. We already "agreed" on using just HTML for the docs.
>
> Please cast your votes for:
>
> a) Include the docs in the distribution
>
> b) Provide a separate docs package to download

+1 for b)

For __future__ releases, we will have a third option:
c)  include the forrest block and cocoon docs configuration files

The config consists of just a handful of text files.

Building the docs locally will require a reasonably fast connection
since it needs to retrieve the sources individually from the daisy repo,
but the amount of bandwidth used will be less than downloading in the
complete docs.

Also it will work well when running in dynamic mode with a net
connection. Only the pages require will be retreived, and will be pulled
from the published docs in Daisy (i.e. always up to date). It wlll be
able to utilise the search facilities of the Daisy repo.

Ross