cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Refactored (again) XSLT error handling
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:37:13 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Ralph Goers wrote:
>
>> Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>>> <snip/>

>>> Damn! While porting to the 2.1 branch, I realized that this conflict
>>> with the same class that exists in the "deprecated" block.
>>>
>>> What do you think: is it better to remove the old XSLTProcessorImpl,
>>> or rename the new class? I like simple and straightforward names for
>>> default implementations...
>>>
>> Follow the versioning contract.  Assuming you can find it.
>

> Uh? Versioning contract?
>
> Sylvain

Yes. Some time ago we voted on how long things had to be deprecated
before they could be removed.  For example, if the "old'
XSLTProcessorImpl was deprecated in 2.1.6 then it can be removed in
2.1.8 (or something like that - I don't remember off the top of my
head).  If so, the deprecated version can be removed and you can add
your new one.

I thought that what was voted on was put on the web site somewhere but I
can't find it.

Ralph