cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Refactored (again) XSLT error handling
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 16:33:56 GMT
Hi all,

I refactored the error handling in TraxTransformer (again) and
XSLTProcessor.

* A usable <xsl:message terminate="yes">
We were used to have "Stylesheet directed termination" on screen,
indicating we had to dig in the logs. We now have the message displayed,
with location information.

* XSLT compilation warnings reported as errors.
Xalan is very forgiving and reports many incorrect syntaxes (unknown
attributes, text in forbidden places, etc) as warnings, which was
leading incorrect stylesheets to be silently accepted. This means that
some of your stylesheets may have to be fixed :-)

Activating this second feature requires to change the XSLTProcessor
implementation to o.a.c.c.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl to connect the
TransformerFactory to Cocoon's implementation of ErrorListener. This has
been done in our code base, but existing applications will have to
update their cocoon.xconf.

Enjoy,
Sylvain