cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Portal Block: Include coplet instance id in window renderer
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 11:03:02 GMT
Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There  was  a  recent  change  in  WindowAspect  that  is  causing
> problems:  all  coplet ids  are  now  displayed in  the  generated
> portal.
>
> Filtering out  that extra <instance-id> XML  element would require
> us to  change 56 stylesheets in  a dozen projects... that's  a bit
> annoying.  Is  there any  workaround besides copying  the previous
> class in WEB-INF/classes?
>
> Any input will be appreciated.
Hmm, so you're stylesheets are not prepared for any additional
information that might come out of the renderer? I think in general you
should prepare your stylesheets for this. Anyways, we could make this
configurable, but in the future the instance-id is required for new
features of the portal to work, so my suggestion would be to use your
own renderer for now and update your stylesheets on the long term.
However, if you insist, i'll make it configurable in 2.1.8.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/