cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Vote result for docs [was: [Vote] Doc format for release]
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 10:18:05 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>I'm still unlear as to what the "html" docs are. Do you want the Forrest
>>generated docs or the Daisy generated book docs?
>>

> We want the forrtest generated docs as they are as close as possible to
> the old docs.

OK.

I'll commit the new configuration to SVN then. Question is where?

Are we ready to delete everything from the site repo?

Perhaps move it to site/forrest-0.7?

???

>>The Forrestbot uses the latest SVN head version of Forrest to build,
>>thus it acts as a kind of GUMP for your docs.
>>

> Ah, great, so we can simply wget the generated docs from there, right?

You could, but there are easier ways ...

You could get the site config (when I put it in SVN) and an installation
of Forrest and build it yourself, or better yet...

> Is there a possibility to get the whole docs as an archive?

In the very short term I (or David?) will build the archive for you
during the release process.

In the short-medium term we can add a script to the forrestbot build
process that zips the latest staging repo and makes it availabe for
download.

The forrestbot is also able to deploy the built site to an SVN server,
local directory, ftp etc.

Ross