cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Vote result for docs [was: [Vote] Doc format for release]
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:16:47 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Ok, this is the result we have so far:
> HTML:     8x +1
> Just PDF: 2x -1
> Both:     5x +1
>
> So it seems that we just want to have HTML docs for the distribution.
> Now as 6 committers suggested/voted to separate the docs from the
> release, I think this is a good idea.
>
> Actually, I'm now searching for a volunteer who creates the html docs
> before the release, so others can download and review them. And this
> volunteer could then also create the archives for the final release next
> week. I can do all the other stuff (signing, uploading etc.) if required.

I'm still unlear as to what the "html" docs are. Do you want the Forrest
generated docs or the Daisy generated book docs?

A further alternative is to use wget to retrieve the docs direct from daisy.

---

With respect to Forrest. David Crossley and I have set up a forrestbot
in the forrestzone to build the Cocoon docs at regular intervals. You
can see the outoput of these builds at any time at

http://forrest.zones.apache.org/ft/build/cocoon-docs/653.daisy.html

(still need to sort out an index.html page)

Each time this forrestbot builds it sends a success/failure message to
nominated email address (currently myself and David). This will indicate
any problems with respect to broken links in the site (of which there
are currently many).

The Forrestbot uses the latest SVN head version of Forrest to build,
thus it acts as a kind of GUMP for your docs.

Ross