cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: REQ Fixing really old bugs
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 03:20:24 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le 15 oct. 05, à 19:00, Antonio Gallardo a écrit :
>

>> ...If users got the time to report the bugs, I think at least we owe
>> them a real bug review. Just request more info if needed.
>>
>> WDYT?
>

> I think that issues are piling up in bugzilla and we obviously don't
> have the manpower to take care of all of them in a personalized way as
> you suggest.
>
> So, a more radical action is needed to cleanup the list - unless
> enough people actually start cleaning it up manually, but I don't see
> this happening.

The open bug list is a knowledge database. It helps people to know the
pitfall in the current code. This is valueable. Closing the open bugs is
like deleting this knowledge database. Bugzilla is showing how we cares
about the user reports. IMHO, the list should be a TODO list for the
community.

I hear that in mozilla was a similar case, but was not specified that
there where tens of thousands of open bugs not a couple of hundreds wich
is our case. Please note, I am not trying to stop you. One of the thing
I learned here is that this is basically a do-ocracy. If you think this
is the best way to go, just do it. :-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.