cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Problems with lazy loading components
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 22:08:32 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> And actually 3 resolvers, as we also have the one in setup() of
> sitemap components :-)
>
> Here's another suggestion that doesn't need a new component.
>
> First of all, when a component is setup (i.e. Avalon lifecycle
> interfaces), the relative path must *always* be the one where the
> component is declared, whatever the current environment is. This
> solves the issues with lazy loading and poolable components that are
> created on demand.
>
> Outside of the component setup, we have the current behaviour where
> the relative path depends on the current sitemap.
>
> Now if a component needs to access some resources relative to the
> place where it was declared, then it *must* resolve that URI during
> its setup phase.

Did you ever hear that song from a long time ago called "Dizzy"?  This
whole conversation has my head spinning.  There has got to be a simpler
way of dealing with this stuff than the implicit behaviors based upon
when or where things are called.  For example, using a uri like
"sitemap://my.catalog" should always use the current sitemap as the base
whereas "component://my.catalog" might use the sitemap where the
component was declared.

Ralph