cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: JavaScript expressions in JXTG (was Re: svn commit: r325889) - want it ? GOT IT
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:10:42 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>> I have commited an initial version of javascript support in jxtg.
>> Looks like it's working although I have not tested it much.
>> just as the commit message says:
>> use @{expression} for jxtg and {js:expression} for CTemplate
>> (CTemplate is not available without some .xconf edition. I am going
>> to make it available soon)
> Cool!
> Any opinions about the expression interfaces? If you find them ok I
> think that we should move the expression abstraction to core. I
> didin't want to do that before having got any feedback about them.
> The fact that  it was possible to use them for JS also, show IMO that
> they are good enough.
> If we move them to core we could also start to use the expression
> abstraction in the rest of Cocoon.
> So what about moving:
> o.a.c.components.expression
> o.a.c.components.expression.javascript
> o.a.c.components.expression.jexl
> o.a.c.components.expression.jxpath
> to core?

Do you mean 2.2 core? Then yes. If it's 2.1.8 core, then let's wait
after the release to promote the template block in the 2.1 branch.

> Or maybe we could keep o.a.c.components.expression.jexl in template as
> Sylvain dislikes it ;) and jexl is not used in any other places.

Hehe, good idea :-) Let's keep it just besides JXTG while we slowly
migrate to CTemplate.

BTW, I haven't used that one yet, but prefer muuuch more prefixing
expressions inside the {} with the language name rather than having to
run out of special characters to place in front of {. We have, $, # and
now @, what's next :-)