cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: JavaScript expressions in JXTG (was Re: svn commit: r325889) - want it ? GOT IT
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 18:02:58 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:

> I have commited an initial version of javascript support in jxtg.
> Looks like it's working although I have not tested it much.
>
> just as the commit message says:
> use @{expression} for jxtg and {js:expression} for CTemplate
>
> (CTemplate is not available without some .xconf edition. I am going to
> make it available soon)

Cool!

Any opinions about the expression interfaces? If you find them ok I
think that we should move the expression abstraction to core. I didin't
want to do that before having got any feedback about them.  The fact
that  it was possible to use them for JS also, show IMO that they are
good enough.

If we move them to core we could also start to use the expression
abstraction in the rest of Cocoon.

So what about moving:

o.a.c.components.expression
o.a.c.components.expression.javascript
o.a.c.components.expression.jexl
o.a.c.components.expression.jxpath

to core?

Or maybe we could keep o.a.c.components.expression.jexl in template as
Sylvain dislikes it ;) and jexl is not used in any other places.

WDYT?

/Daniel