cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [M10N] apache m2 repository layout
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:07:27 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:

> Well experiments with the recent m2 RC shows that we will be getting
> tons of these during each execution of build/compile/whatevertarget :
>
> [WARNING] POM for:
> 'excalibur-sourceresolve:excalibur-sourceresolve:pom:2.1' does not
> appear to be valid. Its will be ignored for artifact resolution.
>
> Reason: Invalid POM (not v4.0.0 modelVersion)
>

> They clutter the output window and make it more difficult to see what is
> really going on/wrong - annoying.

Absolutely, and I really don't get why the maven guys insist in not
providing a simple switch to turn of transitive dependencies.

> Additionally, i don't think we can benefit from transitive dependencies
> with m1 style poms, or can we ?

Good question, the message above indicates that m2 poms are only
supported. I think we should ask on the maven list, what's the best way
to deal with this problems is. I don't want to correct all the 150 poms
of the projects we're using to get a clean build.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/