cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Problems with lazy loading components
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 08:35:13 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>
>> While working on the block architecture yesterday, I saw that most of
>> the test cases
>> (org.apache.cocoon.test.components.blocks.BlocksManagerTestCase)
>> failed. The problem was that block local files where resolved in
>> wrong context. After having controlled that nothing in the source
>> resolution mechanism had changed since last time I run the tests, I
>> started to suspect the lazy loading of components. After having
>> switch to eager loading everything worked again.
>

> Daniel, can you give more details about what test you run so that I
> can check my modifications?

Sure, this one:
org.apache.cocoon.test.components.blocks.BlocksManagerTestCase
yesterday evning it worked with eager loading, haven't test it since
then :) It generates an incredible amount of debug messages, so as long
as it is working it is much more convenient to set log level to warn or
info.

The BlockManager and BlockProcessor set the context-root and creates a
local resolver in the way that I argued for earlier in this thread. For
this particular case the BlockManagers are loaded by the BlocksManager,
so if the BlocksManager is made eager loading, the problems for the
blocks stuff would be solved. Still I think that we must find a more
general solution.

The BlocksManagerTestCase is a functional test rather than a unit test.
It is on my (far to long) todo list to integrate it with the HttpUnitTests.

/Daniel