cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Startable components
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 08:03:11 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> * portal block, pluto/adapter/PortletAdapter:
> Same as above, for the hypothetical case where Pluto would create
> threads. Now this variable is set() but never get()!!! So we could
> remove it completely. Carsten?

Removed - it seems to be a relict of an older version.

> * portal block, util/ReferenceFieldHandler:
> This one seems more problematic, as it has a number of child classes
> which I don't know that they're about.
This one is used for Castor to resolve references to objects not defined
in the XML. We can change this to a thread local.

> * portal block, wsrp/adapter/WSRPAdapter:
> Don't have the slightest idea on how the "currentCopletInstanceData" is
> used :-/
This one is used to pass the current coplet to other components. I don't
know anymore why I used a (inheritable) thread local. We can change this
to ThreadLocal and I will have a look in the next days if I can use an
request attribute instead.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/