cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Startable components
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 19:11:02 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote
> - portal: AbstractComponent (so that they're registered as event listeners)

I guess you forgot to commit this :) Anyways I just did the changes.

But I'm wondering what the best way to solve this problem is. Now
preloading components implementing Startable is imho the right way. But
it seems not so good for me that every component that should be
preloaded must implement the Startable interface. In most cases the
start and stop method simply do nothing.
So, would it be better to add an additional marker interface? Don't know.
The portal uses an event mechanism, so every subscriber has to be
preloaded. It seems for me too much work to add the Startable interface
to all subscribers. What do you think of making the lazy load
configurable per sitemap? So we can simply turn this on for the portal
sitemap and forget there about the interface?

I don't know what the best solution is but I think Startable is not :)

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/