cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject JavaScript expressions in JXTG (was Re: svn commit: r325889)
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:35:45 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>> Actually, I'm more and more annoyed by Jexl: JXTemplate is the *only*
>> place in Cocoon where Jexl is used, and I would love to see it
>> replaced by JavaScript expressions. Script/expression language
>> consistency throughout Cocoon...
> hmmm... we have touched the subject once. At the time you have pointed
> me with some javascript helper class to get the basics of rhino but I
> lost that message. Do you happen to remember what class it was?
>
> This shouldn't be 'that' hard.

Oh no, damn easy! See JavaScriptHelper in CForms.

But the problem is elsewhere: what syntax will we use for JS expression
in JXTG. I would love to have it replace Jexl in "${}" expressions but
it ain't that easy as it will break all existing templates.

We should have a configuration in the new JXTG that associates prefixes
of the "{" character to languages.

Sylvain