cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Problems with lazy loading components
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:03:25 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:

> I'm not following block development very precisely (mostly because of
> it's complexity that I do not full understand). I have one question
> though: could whole cocoon blocks be also lazily loaded - just as
> eclipse plugins are (or maybe we have this feature OOTB when using OSGi)?

IIRC lazy loaded bundles is part of OSGi R4 that Eclipse uses. We are
currently using Knopflerfish that is R3 and doesn't support lazy
soon as I find time for it and if no one else is faster ;) I don't know
how the lazy loading work, so I don't know how much work (if any), it
would be to use it. For instalations using many blocks it would probably
be a large advantage to have lazy loading.

/Daniel