cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Dependency between Ajax block and cforms block
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 11:05:32 GMT
I briefly looked at the Ajax and the cforms block and I think there are
two problems here:

a) cforms depends on ajax block (which is ok), so why is there a
"CForms: new Object()," in the cocoon-ajax.js? Shouldn't the ajax block
be independent of the cforms block?

b) If you're not using ajax (for example if you just upgrade your apps
to 2.1.8), you get a java script error ("Cocoon is not defined") if the
ajax js script can't be loaded by the browser - or if it is not included
in the page. Can we get rid of this js error? As I don't want to use
Ajax in my forms I don't want to have to download all those js just to
make the browser happy.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/