cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: Problems with lazy loading components
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:03:44 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> I'm actually not sure what lazy loading really gives us? Ok, Cocoon
> starts faster, but if you have just configured the blocks you need I
> think there is not really a difference. And if you need the components
> anyway, you have to wait for them to be setup - being it lazy or not.
Oh I think it gives you a lot. At least from marketing POV. I see all
the time users are building a WHOLE cocoon just to use core and a single
block. Long startup times may discourage them in terms of agile
development before they realize the problem lies in their approach and
not cocoon itself.

I'm not following block development very precisely (mostly because of
it's complexity that I do not full understand). I have one question
though: could whole cocoon blocks be also lazily loaded - just as
eclipse plugins are (or maybe we have this feature OOTB when using OSGi)?