cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Status file per block
Date Sun, 16 Oct 2005 17:03:06 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Ralph Goers wrote:
>

> 2. It seems a little wierd to have the developer's initials on status
>
>>items without that being defined anywhere in the file. changes.xml is
>>similar to status.xml in that each action has a dev attribute with the
>>developer's id which refers back to an author element to identify the
>>developer making the change. Furthermore, I think it is appropriate for
>>developers who make changes on a block to identify themselves.
>>

>I only want to have one single source for all developers - that's why I
>think we shouldn't have the list of developers in the per block status
>files. Just keep the list "somewhere else". Otherwise adding a new
>committer would mean that we have to add it to 60 files.
>Of course each item in the per block status file should be associated
>with the developer doing the change.

Actually, adding a new committer would mean not adding the developer to
any of the changes.xml files.  Only when they change a block for the
first time would they add themselves.  I would venture a guess that most
blocks would only have a few names listed.  But if you can figure out
how to put a link in the changes.xml back to the main one that would be
OK too.

Ralph