cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Status file per block
Date Sun, 16 Oct 2005 16:47:01 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

> +1 with the following caveats.
>
> 1. The file should be compatible with maven 2 and should cause it to be
> included in the project reports. As of yet, I don't see the changes
> plugin listed but the site plugin says that the files in the xdoc
> directory are for the most part the same as in maven 1. So I would
> assume changes.xml would have the same format as maven 1 which is
> slightly different than status.xml.
Good idea to use the format of m2.

> 2. It seems a little wierd to have the developer's initials on status
> items without that being defined anywhere in the file. changes.xml is
> similar to status.xml in that each action has a dev attribute with the
> developer's id which refers back to an author element to identify the
> developer making the change. Furthermore, I think it is appropriate for
> developers who make changes on a block to identify themselves.

I only want to have one single source for all developers - that's why I
think we shouldn't have the list of developers in the per block status
files. Just keep the list "somewhere else". Otherwise adding a new
committer would mean that we have to add it to 60 files.
Of course each item in the per block status file should be associated
with the developer doing the change.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/