cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Status file per block
Date Sun, 16 Oct 2005 16:33:47 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Starting with 2.2 we want to have different release cycles etc. for each
>block so I think it's time to split up the status.xml file and create a
>file for each block.
>This status file will only contain the changes (no committers list) for
>this block.
>I think splitting up makes tracking changes in a block much easier.
>
>(We can - if required - aggregate all those files into one big status.xml.)
>
>So please cast your votes.

+1 with the following caveats.

1. The file should be compatible with maven 2 and should cause it to be
included in the project reports. As of yet, I don't see the changes
plugin listed but the site plugin says that the files in the xdoc
directory are for the most part the same as in maven 1. So I would
assume changes.xml would have the same format as maven 1 which is
slightly different than status.xml.
2. It seems a little wierd to have the developer's initials on status
items without that being defined anywhere in the file. changes.xml is
similar to status.xml in that each action has a dev attribute with the
developer's id which refers back to an author element to identify the
developer making the change. Furthermore, I think it is appropriate for
developers who make changes on a block to identify themselves.

Ralph