cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "g[R]eK" <>
Subject Re: FW: Malformed stream: Read timed out
Date Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:22:19 GMT
Niclas Hedhman napisaƂ(a):

>On Wednesday 12 October 2005 22:18, Steven Noels wrote:
>I am sure that there can be several answer to this, let me run one very
>obscure that I came across last week.
Thanks for your effort.

><snip what="explanation"/>
>In the cases where we control the server, we have two solutions for this;
>  1. Disable the "PMTU detection", by setting "1" in the file below;
>     echo "1" >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_no_pmtu_disc
>  2. Make the max MTU size smaller by modifying the ethernet interface. On
>     Debian that is /etc/network/interfaces and adding MTU 1400 under the
>     iface of the relevant interface, normally eth0.
>I think the above is so obscure that it may catch many software developers by
>surprise, since they are normally the one to blame, and we couldn't have a
>I hope you can manage to rule this in or out, for your particular case.
My colleague (who owns server machine) has tried this solution but
without any result - absolutely nothing has changed. :-(

Can you pull out something from your Magic Explanatory Bag? :-)
Maybe some tool that could help in investigation...

Grzegorz Kossakowski (AKA g[R]eK)

View raw message