cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: RE: Unintentional Caching with Tomcat 5.5.x]
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2005 17:07:40 GMT
Ard Schrijvers wrote:
> I don't know if it is a bug or an intentional thing to not include url parameters in
the cache key of an expires pipeline. I though think the expires caching would be of much
more value if the cache key used in expires pipelines would include parameters. Guess it would
not be to difficult to built this in?

> In a practical case in which I really needed expires pipelines for performance, I did
JS rewriting for posts of a form to set the form parameters in the URL seperated by "/" to
avoid having the expires pipeline return the same cached pages for all posts to one pipeline.
Very annoying!

> So I would guess it is a bug, otherwise a very peculiar feature :-)

The uri is used as a "default" for the cache key. You can include
parameters and any additional information in the key if you need to.

You can define your own cache key by setting a parameter on the pipeline:
<map:pipeline type="expires">
  <map:parameter name="cache-key" value="SOMETHING"/>

So, you can e.g. use input modules to add the uri and the request
parameters in there.

HTH
Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de