cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: REQ Fixing really old bugs
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2005 17:00:09 GMT
hepabolu wrote:

> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
>> Le 12 oct. 05, à 13:06, Torsten Curdt a écrit :
>>
>>> Instead of waiting for this *not* to happen
>>> (and we know it's not going to happen) I'd say -
>>> let's ask the people whether those old bugs still
>>> apply...
>>

>> I like the idea - how do you suggest asking?
>>
>> We could add a comment to each open issue with the question (which
>> would send a mail to bug reporters), pointing to a wiki page with an
>> explanation, and set all bugs to NEEDINFO?
>

> Sounds good and at least requires less work than going over all of
> them by hand. Can this be done as a batch?
>
> How about:
> "We noticed this bug is open for quite some time. We wish to move on
> them and need your help. Can you verify that the bug still applies
> with the current version of Cocoon? Please verify and report back.
> More information can be found <link to wikipage>here</link>."

Hmm. This sounds more or less the same as CLOSE the bugs. You provided
before a very interesting sample: Suppose you requested a [Link] in the
bug report. How do you will feel if you got this meesage:

"We noticed this bug is open for quite some time. We wish to move on
them and need your help. Can you verify that the bug still applies with
the current version of Cocoon? Please verify and report back. More
information can be found <link to wikipage>here</link>."

After getting a notice like that, then my face will then look something
like: 8-0!

It makes me feel like we are a company sending bulk mail and at the same
time speaking about the "customized attention", "we care about you" et al.

If users got the time to report the bugs, I think at least we owe them a
real bug review. Just request more info if needed.

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.