cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Public/Private classification (was Re: javadocs navigation)
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2005 15:54:04 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>
>> Reinhard, how many cocoon users have ever implemented
>> org.apache.cocoon.xml.XMLPipe?
>

> All users who implemented at least one Transformer.
>
>   public interface Transformer extends XMLPipe, SitemapModelComponent {
>   }
>
> If you are implementing transformer for a first time, you have to have
> javadocs (or source code (or IDE with reflection)) to implement it.

I don't think you guys understand what I'm saying.

For each user that needs to write a transformer, there are 20 users that
don't, but if they go all to the same place, only the user that is able
to write transformers will stick around.

which is *exactly* what's happening.

So, we can keep the same attitude, or change it.

I'm for changing it.

--
Stefano.