cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] bugzilla issues cleanup
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2005 09:28:03 GMT
Sorry to add my concerns to the vote thread. Should have mentioned them
earlier.

On 14.10.2005 14:32, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> 1) Set all open issues (except those filed since September 1st, but
> including patches) to resolution=LATER and PRIORITY=P5, and add to each
> issue the comment shown under "Bugzilla comment to send" on
> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon BugzillaIssuesCleanup. This can be done en
> masse in bugzilla.

September 1st is much to late IMO. It is not even two months ago. I
would propose at least half a year or all bugs of this year. But IIRC to
many bugs are of this year, aren't they? So what about a compromise of
July 1st (= second half year of 2005)?

> 3) We wait 2 weeks, until October 31st

IMO also to short period of time. 1 month at least. When I got fixed a
bug in other projects I always need some time to re-checkout the project
(from which I mostly use only releases), set up a testcase and so on.
Don't put the reporters to much under pressure.

> 4) After this deadline, Issues in state LATER and containing
> BUGZILLA_CLEANUP_2005_10 are  those which were not confirmed, we can
> reopen them if we want, or they stay in that state, with priority=P5 in
> any case.

Of course every bug can be reopened. But it is an issue of perception.
Doing this clean up to aggressively can lead to affronts to the reporters.

Jörg