cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject [Fwd: RE: Unintentional Caching with Tomcat 5.5.x]
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2005 07:42:59 GMT
A bug? Is there any way to influence the cache key of an expires pipeline?

The rest of the thread:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=112910251900001&r=1&w=4.

Jörg

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: Unintentional Caching with Tomcat 5.5.x
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:29:21 +0200
From: Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijvers@hippo.nl>
To: <users@cocoon.apache.org>

Is it in a noncaching/caching/expires pipeline?

I noticed the "expires" pipelines to ignore pararameters. Just set your
logging and look for the cache key generated for the first request. If
paramters are not represented in the cache key, then for example
http://........?page=1
http://........?page=2

will return the same cache key, and thus the same cached page. I don't
know the behavior for caching pipelines, but for expires pipelines, the
request paramater won't be included in the key.

AS