cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Is Cocoon Obsolete?
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:07:15 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 12.10.2005 05:01, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>>> Take even such a simple task as accessing session/request/etc.
>>
>> ObjectModelHelper appears several times.
>
> I do not really understand a helper class as an API. Furthermore it is
> not easy. I always have to look up how to write the code.

Decision was made early in 2.0 dev cycle to have objectModel Map as a contract
between Cocoon and components:

   foo(Map objectModel)

This contract is not as clear as rigid:

   foo(Request req, Response res, Context ctx)

But it is flexible to include additional objects. And that's exactly what
happened: flowContext, continuation, etc.

Vadim