cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Hugo Burm <hu...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: Cocoon Setup.exe for Windows
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 22:36:57 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

>> I had some fun with the NSIS installer for Windows (http://
>> nsis.sourceforge.net/) and created a Setup.exe for Cocoon that
>> should run fine both on a completely fresh "out of the box" MS
>> Windows system, as on a system with Java, Tomcat et al. already
>> installed.
>

> Cool stuff!
>
>> - The Setup.exe  (73 Mb) for Windows is built upon the following
>> components:
>> a) Sun JRE 1.5.04 with the javac.exe and server version of the
>> java.exe added to it. According to the Sun license you are allowed
>> to do this and distribute this as long as you add some value to it
>> (your own software) and you do not replace Sun components.
>> b) Tomcat  5.5.9
>> c) Full build of Cocoon 2.1.7
>

> ...but why did you choose to package Tomcat? Just fire up Jetty!

Did not even think about Jetty. Sorry. I know it is a fine product. But
my own little infrastructure here is centered around Tomcat. And adding
Tomcat to the build was not a real problem (considering legal issues and
footprint).  For something that should run out of the box, Jetty is a
nice option with a small footprint. And I know Cocoon comes out of the
box with support for being started by Jetty. I will have a look at
it....Depends on what the others have to say.

Hugo Burm