cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move to Jira (Was: Re: Jira or Bugzilla...)
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:30:13 GMT
On 13.10.2005 23:11, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

>> ...You introduce another problem with this process: Current owners got
>> sent a bugzilla mail about closure of their bug. If they want to
>> reopen it later they don't know where to do it...
>
> There must be a way to find issues in jira later based on a bugzilla
> issue number - there are many links to bugzilla issues floating around,
> losing them would be a problem.

But the reporter must get to know that the bug has actually been moved
to Jira - be it with the same issue number or not. Just adding a common
note to bugzilla might lead to nothing: "Now I have to search for my bug
in another system? Bah, forget it! I'm to lazy to care." Providing a
correct link to the new system directly jumping to the corresponding
issue must be the least. Even then many people might be to lazy to care
about their bug (new login?, new system they don't know, etc.).

Jörg