cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project cocoon (in module cocoon) failed
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 20:47:48 GMT
On 13.10.2005 19:30, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>>> /x1/gump/public/workspace/cocoon/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/ChainedConfiguration.java:277:

>>> cannot resolve symbol
>>> [cocoon.javac] symbol  : method getValueAsDouble (double)
>>> [cocoon.javac] location: interface
>>> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.Configuration
>>> [cocoon.javac]         return
>>> this.wrappedConfiguration.getValueAsDouble(arg0);
>>> [cocoon.javac]                ^
>>> [cocoon.javac] 4 errors
>>
>> wo wo wo, what the hell is going on here? is somebody modifying avalon?
>
> There were small additions to the avalon Configuration interface
> (methods for double values), and now Cocoon is in sync with Avalon
> framework trunk (before it was not). I think Gump descriptor has to be
> updated to match this, that is...
>
> I see in gump.xml:
>
>     <depend project="avalon-framework-api"
>             groupId="avalon-framework" artifactId="avalon-framework-api"
> version="4.3"/>
>
> Shall we just remove version="" from there and that is it?

Somebody else cares about Gump? ;)

I asked at gump list on 25th of September [1] and got an answer from
Stefan Bodewig on 3rd of October [2]. It is not an issue of our gump
descriptor. It is an issue with the avalon repository. Up to now I was
to lazy for asking excalibur group for current gump integration.

Jörg

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=112765152813855&w=4
[2] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=112840063212874&w=4