cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: ApplesProcessor - a little crazy idea
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:20:39 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>
>> I'd like to:
>>
>> 1. make ApplesProcessor.instantiateController protected
>

> I never used Apples, but it looks like some people (and not only their
> original creators) are using it.
>
> If it's to become one of the "official" flow implementation, what about
> changing its name? "Apple" has really no relation to page flow, whatever
> meaning of the word we consider.
>
>> 2. introduce SpringAwareApplesProcessor that would not create an
>> apples controller like the current one:
>

> Why don't we embrace Spring's webflow as one of the implementations of
> Cocoon's flow ?
In terms of our marketing maybe we should also do the opposite: show
users (or implement some helpers if tutorial is not enough) how cocoon
can be used to render views under control of Spring MVC.

It is a pity that spring users have to use Velocity or xml + single xslt
to render views when there is cocoon that cannot be used.