cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: ApplesProcessor - a little crazy idea
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:18:49 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Ralph Goers wrote:
>
>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>>> Stable API != Stable Implementation. If API is stable, you should
>>> start vote on marking javaflow stable.
>>>
>>> Vadim
>>

>> I second that.  We really need to find a better term than "stable".
>

> Mozilla uses 'frozen'.

I've always used that term to mean that there can't be any more code
changes - such as just before a release.  What we are after here is
something that says that the component is mature in the sense that its
APIs are stable and that the community is willing to maintain it while
adhering to our release guidelines (i.e. maintaining binary
compatibility and/or deprecating things over time).

Ralph