cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: ApplesProcessor - a little crazy idea
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:54:05 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>
>> I'd like to:
>>
>> 1. make ApplesProcessor.instantiateController protected
>

> I never used Apples, but it looks like some people (and not only their
> original creators) are using it.
>
> If it's to become one of the "official" flow implementation, what about
> changing its name? "Apple" has really no relation to page flow, whatever
> meaning of the word we consider.
Since I had a look at apples I am very fond of it. The main use for me
is stateless M2M device -> server interaction. I could use JavaFlow but:

- that would be overkill
- it looks like javaflow is still quite unstable

about the naming: I wouln't change them much. Insert "flow" here and
there (AppleFlowController, ApplesFlowProcessor) and that should be enough.

>> 2. introduce SpringAwareApplesProcessor that would not create an
>> apples controller like the current one:
>

> Why don't we embrace Spring's webflow as one of the implementations of
> Cocoon's flow ?
Sure why not. But for my case it's a cannon aimed at a fly. I just want
my StatelessAppleControllers be injected automatically with spring
business services.