cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Public/Private classification
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:07:30 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> --- Daniel Fagerstrom <danielf@nada.kth.se> schrieb:
>
>>IMO we need to find two set of interfaces/classes:
>>the API of Cocoon,
>>and the set of classes (components) that an
>>application programmer need
>>JavaDoc for.

If it ain't public API you ain't need Javadoc for it, period.

>>WDYT?
>
> I agree completly with you!

I don't. You both miss the point, which is: It is JFDI effort which should bring
  in results quickly, namely set of public classes which are agreed by *whole
community* to be public, which means *everybody* agrees that these classes and
interfaces will be supported and carefully evolved.

If you don't agree with public denominator on one of the classes, just mark it D
  (we are looking for consensus here!) and have a healthy lengthy discussion
about it, but please don't block this effort to produce *good-enough* results
quickly in the sake of ivory tower of perfect API separation and bundles and
what not... So, are you on board?

Vadim