cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about addition of "-input" to id of CForms widgets
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:09:38 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've noticed that in 2.1-head all widgets have in their HTML rendering
>the text "-input" added to their widget id (and are contained in a span
>which has the original widget id).
>
>I assume this is to support the new ajax stuff, but is there a reason
>why this couldn't have been done the other way around? e.g. add
>"-container" to the surrounding elements' id.

Yes, this is related to the Ajax stuff, where we need the full widget
rendering being enclosed in a single element.

The "-container" suggestion could have been an option, but not all
widgets require a container (e.g. buttons, hidden fields), or even have
the concept of "-input".

>The problem is that (at least for me) this requires updating some
>javascript here and there which makes use of the IDs, and more annoying,
>that it makes it hard to support both 2.1.7 and 2.1.8 at the same time
>for the same application.

As suggested, you should try to use the 2.1.8 stylesheets with the 2.1.7
distribution as the XML produced by widgets should be the same (or 2.1.7
a subset of 2.1.8).

Sylvain