cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: Releasing 2.1.8
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:14:43 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

>>> They should but ... to tell you the truth I do not know. I will check
>>> that.
>>>
>>> Slightly OT: why don't we make eclipse-customized-project a default
>>> target for eclipse IDE? Since eclipse-customized-project was
>>> introduced this is the only one I use.
>>

>> I will remove the standard eclipse-project (It also seems outdated
>> comparing to eclipse-customized-project). eclipse-customized-project
>> has all the functionality of the former one so this should be no
>> problem for anyone.
>

> But what happens now if someone runs the old eclipse-project? Does it
> output an error saying to use eclipse-customized-project and what has
> changed? Or does it just say "no such target"?

   <!-- for those who like long names.. -->
   <target name="eclipse-customized-project" depends="eclipse-project"/>

   <!-- Build the Eclipse customized project's files -->
   <target name="eclipse-project" description="Generate the Eclipse
customized project files (using local.block.properties)">
     <echo message="Building Eclipse Customized Project Files"/>
     <xslt in="${gump.descriptor}"
           out="${build.temp}/blocks-eclipse.xml"
           style="${tools}/ide/eclipse/blocks-classpath.xsl"/>

     <ant antfile="${build.temp}/blocks-eclipse.xml"
          inheritAll="true"
          inheritRefs="false"
          target="generate-customized-eclipse-project"/>
   </target>

both targets point to the same one so noone gets nasty error.