cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: a forrestbot for Cocoon (Was: Aess to Cocoon Zone)
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:44:48 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>Now that I am a Cocoon committer, can someone with the necessary karma
>>please create an account for me on the Cocoon Zone. I would like to set
>>up the ForrestBot to publish a staged site from Daisy every X hours.
>

> I know that enthousiasm is bubbling Ross, but
> please lets co-ordinate this.
>
> Do you understand what it takes to establish and
> configure a forrestbot?

Yes (I think, not done it in a zone though)

> Why do you want to have one
> on the Cocoon zone? The danger with doing that is
> that we will spread our meagre resources way too thin,
> i.e. you and me.

That makes lots of sense.

> We already run various forrestbots on the Forrest zone.
> See the notes referred to at:
> http://forrest.zones.apache.org/
>
> One is still regularly generating the Cocoon docs.
> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/22NewDocumentsGeneration

I did not realise there was one generating the Cocoon docs, there is no
indication of that on the Forrest zone homee page, the readme.txt in the
zone, or in the wiki page you link to above. Where is this forrestbot?

> If the Cocoon project wants us to regularly generate
> the newest doc effort (remembering that docs are not
> actually published to cocoon.apache.org yet) then lets
> build on Forrest's existing resources.

+1 - At present I'm hearing noises about moving away from Forrest. So
I'm holding back until a clear decision is made.

Ross