cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Roadmap for Cocoon Blocks
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 21:57:24 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>>  * Copy over blocks to WEB-INF/blocks or simialr :-)
>
> by default, all included blocks are copied to WEB-INF/lib when using the
> war:war task. But we can have them anywhere we want really.

Yep they should be elsewhere, and definitely not in the lib! :)

>>  * Prepare a source release
>
> there is the source:jar task [1], we could use it for first milestones
> while we spec out how the source release should look like [*]

As long as we have all contents which we have now, I'm ok... What this task
produces? Now I think we essentially ship zip of checkout from svn...

>>  * Prepare a binary release
>
> would you initially be happy with a deployable war file containing all
> blocks? Then its doable already (war:war on the webapp module),
> otherwise we should spec out how exactly the binary release should look
> like [*]

Well it should be zip file containing
   * Javadocs
   * Daisy/Forrest Docs (whatever docs we end up with after
     exporting from daisy)
   * Webapp
   * Jetty
   * Scripts

Not sure I want to see war file: not all of Cocoon samples are working from
inside the war.

>>  * Build subset of blocks (using properties file?)
>
> First thought: this could be done by writing a plugin that reads
> local.blocks.props, generates a project definition from it and executes
> a build using this pom.

Ok

>>I think above is a complete list of what is needed from it... Did I miss
>>anything? What is not implemented yet?
>
> this covers most initial thoughts yes. I'll see about adding them to the
>          [M10N] roadmap.

Great.

Vadim