cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: javadocs navigation
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 16:20:35 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

>>> I was thinking about that recently - does anyone know a tool for
>>> tag-based navigation of javadocs?
>>>
>>> A better *navigation* of the javadocs, like being able to see all
>>> classes which have the "sitemap generator" tags, would help a lot.
>>

>> Or more simpler, and we already talked about this, what about tagging
>> the source files themselves to be able to produce javadocs of a
>> restricted set of classes, i.e. those that are considered public API
>> and that people can safely rely on.
>

> There you go! +1

So how do we decide what is internal, what is external? The discussion
is likely to be "fun".

We could have a wiki page containing all classes, and mark the ones on
that wiki page that we want to be public. Then a script could add the
necessary javadoc markup.

If that approach sounds okay, I'd happily volunteer to write the script
to add the markup, assuming it is a simple enough markup.

Thoughts?

Regards, Upayavira