cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <>
Subject Re: javadocs navigation
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:59:21 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 12 oct. 05, à 05:16, Stefano Mazzocchi a écrit :
>> ...I think a better, leaner, cleaner javadoc would go a *LOOOONG* way
>> to make things easier...
> I was thinking about that recently - does anyone know a tool for
> tag-based navigation of javadocs?
> A better *navigation* of the javadocs, like being able to see all
> classes which have the "sitemap generator" tags, would help a lot.

All right, here's another thing that could help this project: do it
hacky now instead of doing it cool later.

I'm partially responsible for leading the community to think that hacks
don't work (and they don't, in the long run) but in the short run,
something as small as having another javadoc, built with just a subset
of the code, would be good enough...

We have been working on ways to improve stuff forever, but everytime
somebody comes up with an idea, somebody comes up with another idea,
more elegant, more general, more scalable and harder to implement... and
it creates a stall: either somebody implements the more elegant idea or
nothing happens at all.

I think this is our single most important problem in helping our users:
we care too much about them and we want to give them the best experience
we can think of.

We need to start caring less about that.

View raw message