cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <>
Subject Re: FYI: 2.2 samples pages reorganized
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:36:12 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 12 oct. 05, à 14:35, Vadim Gritsenko a écrit :
>> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>>> Note also that the aim is to remove as many "exotic" blocks as
>>> possible from 2.2 and move them to contrib, so it shouldn't be that
>>> bad in the end.
>> Please, blocks are *already* removed from 2.2, they reside in separate
>> location:
>> The only problem ATM to solve is to adjust build system so that 2.2
>> release can be created containing only selected blocks, not all of
>> them...
> But - blocks are "linked" into the source code tree via svn:externals,
> how do you solve this when you have to create the distribution?

With Ant, we use properties. Those can be used to create releases with limited
set of blocks.

By the time m2 is "properly" done, we should remove svn externals and "cut bocks
loose" :-) and treat them as separate projects.

> I think moving blocks to contrib would draw a better line between
> first-class supported blocks and the rest.

Please, we already had this discussion :-) One block which is economy class for
you is first-class for somebody else :-)

Been there, done that, nothing good came out. See archives.

> Of course this will need a
> community vote to decide exactly which blocks move (or which are not
> included in the distribution if people prefer to keep there in the trunk
> source tree).

That's a different problem - identifying how many releases we should have, and
what blocks they should contain. I'd estimate we will end up with 4-5 releases,
may be 6, but certainly under 12 :-D

View raw message