cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: [docs] test publish from daisy
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:35:40 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> hepabolu wrote:
>> Ross Gardler wrote:
>>> See:
>> Correct. It looks much slicker than the "official" site, although my
>> fingers itch to do something about the navigation (CSS wise).
> Please do :-) Black border around current page is ... strange.

:-), easily fixed.

> Another problem I noticed - all URLs are number.daisy.html - we can't
> publish these to official website...

Which part(s) are you objecting to?

The number is because daisy uses numbers rather than names to identify
every page. There are ways around this in either Forrest or Daisy but it
is quite a bit of work.

Related to this is the hierarchical layour of docs. i.e. there is no
directory structure. Again this is a "feature" of Daisy (one that I have
grwon to love). Documents are stored in a "flat" structure. The illusion
of hierarchy is created by the navigation documents. Currently the
Forrest plugin does not reproduce this (although it could).

I'm hesitant to address these two issues right now since I want to
explore using Daisy Books for the published docs navigation systems instead.

The daisy.html part is used by Forrest to identify the original source.
This is the default behaviour of the plugin (which was developed for a
site that integrates content from many different sources). however, it
is completely configurable, the URL can be any pattern we want
(including plain old "id.html")

View raw message