cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: REQ Fixing really old bugs
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:34:51 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Yes, do a query like http://tinyurl.com/9nxs2 and select "change several
> bugs at once". Then we can enter a comment (which people will get by
> mail) and change the issue state.
>
> Caveats:
> -For some reason the "mark as NEEDINFO" option does not appear in this
> case, so we might not be able to use this state for this purpose. I
> suggest using LATER, and having people change state to REOPENED if they
> want to confirm the issue.

Fine by me, but in the wiki page you say something along the lines "if
you don't respond, the state stays WONTFIX", which in effect means you
have to mark all bugs for "WONTFIX".

> -This will send a *lot* of mails to dev@, we should warn people before
> we do this, they might want to adjust their mail filters

Good idea.

However, I don't think you should include all bugs, only the older ones,
e.g. don't include those added in September and October. I still think
that will give users/contributors the wrong idea.

> I've expanded on this, see "Bugzilla comment to send" at
> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/BugzillaIssuesCleanup - this is the page
> to which bugzilla comments (i.e. mails that people will receive) will
> point.

Fine by me. Suggested deadline: 3 weeks from the date of the change.

Bye, Helma