cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Roadmap for Cocoon Blocks
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:11:03 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>
>>> I think a build/deployment system is a must as soon as we reach the
>>> "release candidate" phase of 2.2. Currently the best bet is M2. Do
>>> you see any alternatives that could be implemented faster?
>>
>> 2.1 is using Ant build for years now; I don't see a problem using it a
>> bit longer if it means release sooner.
>
> ok, I think we're talking about differnt things. Anyway - the only
> missing thing so that the M2 build is equivalent to the Ant build is the
> include/exclude mechanism, isn't it?

Well, I think m2 should be able to:

   * Build Cocoon
   * Build all blocks
   * Copy over blocks to WEB-INF/blocks or simialr :-)
   * Patch wiring.xml (as soon as we start using it)
   * Prepare a source release
   * Prepare a binary release

   * Build subset of blocks (using properties file?)
   * Prepare a source release with subset of blocks (is it needed?)
   * Prepare a binary release with subset of blocks

I think above is a complete list of what is needed from it... Did I miss
anything? What is not implemented yet?

Vadim