cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Roadmap for Cocoon Blocks
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:33:24 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>
>>> I don't recall that m2 will be ready when 2.2 is out. If m2 is not
>>> ready, it should not delay the release. So, I suggest slight change
>>> of plan:
>>

>> According to the m2 dev list, there will be a m2 final next week (if I'm
>> not mistaken). But of course a final version might not mean that
>> everything works the way we want it :)
>

> Bad choice of words from me :-) I rather meant, our next build system
> which is based on m2 could be not ready for 2.2 release.
>
> IIRC, 2.2m1 is due in 1 week or so :-) and m2 build is far from being
> implemented. My point is, delays in m2 build system implementation
> should not affect 2.2 releases, and if necessary, it can be easily done
> as part of 2.3.

I think a build/deployment system is a must as soon as we reach the "release
candidate" phase of 2.2. Currently the best bet is M2. Do you see any
alternatives that could be implemented faster?

For the first we will start with handcrafted wiring.xml and copying blocks
manually into the right directories. Do you think that this is enough for a release?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc