cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: REQ Fixing really old bugs
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:04:01 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 11 oct. 05, à 10:25, hepabolu a écrit :
>
>> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>>
>>> How about doing a "bug amnesty" as follows?
>

>> As already said by others, I too am not fond of a "bug amnesty"....
>

>> ...I know this means a lot of work, and takes certainly a lot more
>> effort than simply "expire", but it really shows the user community
>> that we care and actually _USE_ their contributions...
>

> Ok, I've marked my calendar and will come back with my amnesty proposal
> around the end of November, unless things have significantly improved in
> the meantime.
>
> Doing an amnesty would *not* mean that we don't care about the bugs,
> quite the contrary: we care enough about them to setup a quick an
> efficient process to find out which ones really need our attention.

Well, maybe I put it in the wrong words. What I meant was that on the
one hand we don't care enough about the bugs to give them proper
attention. On the other hand, moving them aside and let time tell which
ones are important makes you lug around a list of old bugs that are
still "there" and somehow put a weight on the "consience" of the team.

> But if you think we have enough collective energy and manpower to sort
> them manually, all the better. Let's see if it actually happens!

Well, I do hope that some will go in and "pick the low hanging fruit".
If I could safely decide which ones are outdated/irrelevant I would have
   already marked them accordingly, but I have no clue about the majority.

OTOH: as said before, the number of bugs not changed since 1st January
are around 100. Addressing that number is much less intimidating than
well over 300.

So I do hope that something happens before the end of November.

Bye, Helma